In any environment the atmosphere will moderate the growth. Kindness allows all the conditions essential for human growth and development to exist.
Kindness is often misrepresented as a fuzzy, soppy state, devoid of rationality and reserved for children and animals who don’t know any better.
This couldn’t be further from the truth. To be really kind requires such rationality, insight and self-mastery that it is an achievement of the highest order.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people. – Abraham Joshua Heschel
- “Philosophers of religion and anthropologists have opened up the study of religion to recognize a…” (underpaidgenius.com)
- Meaning Above Logic (beittshuvah.wordpress.com)
- Abraham Joshua Heschel on contemporary religion (cruciality.wordpress.com)
- Know when to say NO (qwestore.wordpress.com)
- When God Called Upon The Jews To Be A Holy People, Did He Mean Tango Classes? (lukeford.net)