Being patient is an active state. It isn’t resignation or admission of defeat. It isn’t giving up on the things you hope to change.
It is a condition of sure and certain knowledge that the only inevitability in life is change. Sometimes, however, the change takes a while to manifest and that is where patience comes in.
The trick to patience is to focus on the coming change and not the wait – at least that’s my trick because I have to admit that patience is most definitely not one of my virtues.
But even I know that, sometimes there is no choice but to wait – in the immortal words of Shakespeare – How poor are they that have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees?
- William flew to crime stories (williamflew.wordpress.com)
- Why Patience Pays Off (thisoldcrone.wordpress.com)
- Must-Haves of the Successful: #2: Patience (disturbiadotcom.wordpress.com)
- The Art of Patience (diannajessie.wordpress.com)
- Patient: Adjective or Noun? (marcyda.wordpress.com)
- Change and Acceptance (sarahkcarl.wordpress.com)