If nobody cares if you starve to death then it’s hard for you to care about anything or anyone. Extreme poverty is not just a problem for the extremely poor but as it’s a major cause of social and political unrest, crime, drug addiction and the spread of diseases like TB and AIDS, it’s a problem for everyone.
The only way to really ensure the health and safety of you and your loved ones is to ensure the health and safety of everyone on the planet – and their loved ones.
- “The End of Poverty?” (ascleses.wordpress.com)
- The poor may be with us but extreme poverty does not. (six11.wordpress.com)
- Adam Levine: ONE app that could change the world (one.org)
- Brazil launches scheme to lift millions out of poverty (culturaldiplomacynews.wordpress.com)
- On the Hill with Bono (one.org)
- Poverty and Terrorism (slog.thestranger.com)
- Brazil Launches Scheme to Lift Millions Out of Poverty (stevebeckow.com)
- Behavioural Economics & Data Driven Ways to Solve Poverty (compassioninpolitics.wordpress.com)